- Personal Details
Before availing the AVG Antivirus Tech Support Service, the customer must complete the registration form. This involves giving user contact information such as Personal Information, E-mail address, Postal address, etc. AVG Antivirus Tech Support will use your contact details to contact you regarding the product and/or services you have requested. This consists of renewal/re-registration notifications, special offers, and surveys on improving our services.
- Payment Details
If a user purchases a plan by AVG Antivirus Tech Support , we will collect credit card information, and other payment information necessary to complete a payment from user. AVG Antivirus Tech Support may use a third party to process and verify credit cards for billing purposes. This entails we share user name, credit card number, expiration date and billing address with the credit card processing company. When processing a payment transaction, AVG Antivirus Tech Support will also obtain information regarding the amount of the payment and other transaction data. We may transfer or disclose this payment information to a third party only to the extent necessary in order to complete the payment processing.
- Computer System Information
- Subscriber Computer – We may also seek information related to your computer. This may include: information about the make and model of your computer and/or any computer hardware, software or peripherals attached to it, date of purchase and type of computer, identification number of your computer, condition of the computer and the application if reporting a fault occurrence and during diagnostics, system and registry data about software installations and hardware configurations, and error tracking files. Generally, this information is required to offer personalized technical support to you, and to help us update our support tools and augment our supported products list.
- Remote Access – While requesting support you may request for the problem to be resolved by taking control of your computer. AVG Antivirus Tech Support uses qualified utilities, which allow user to grant control of required computer to an Expert remotely over the Internet, so that the Expert can diagnose or resolve problems. Experts are not allowed to use the Remote Access software until and unless they have received adequate training in its use, and user have consented to grant control. Furthermore, Experts will not use Remote Access tools to collect sensitive or confidential information stored on user computer or network, deliberately destroy information on user computer or network, or cause user to experience system problems.
A cookie is a message given to a web browser by a web server. The browser stores the message in a text file. The main idea of cookies is to identify users and possibly prepare customized web pages for them. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our site and cannot violate the privacy of our customers.
- Live Help Session Records
AVG Antivirus Tech Support reserves the right to monitor on-line and off-line sessions between user and a Tech Support Executive for quality control of the service provided to the customer by Tech Support Executive. Moreover, we may record on-line and off-line sessions conducted on the Web site for user reference and to assist in resolution of disputes and/or potential complaints. The session records will also be used to improve the service, build a support knowledge base, and/or conduct internal market research. Session record data will, however, not be correlated with personally identifiable data about individual customers.
- Log Files
We use IP addresses to analyze trends, track user movement, administer the site, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
We will share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
- Contests and Surveys
From time-to-time our site requests information from user via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is entirely voluntary and user therefore, has a choice whether or not to divulge this information. Information requested may include contact information such as name and shipping address, and demographic information such as zip code. Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
Our Web site takes every precaution to protect information of users. Whenever sensitive information is submitted by the user via the website, it is protected both on-line and off-line. Sensitive information such as credit card number is encrypted and is protected with the best of the encryption software. We use industry-standard 128bit encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with our site. Similarly equivalent care is undertaken to protect user-information off-line. The entire information of our users, including the sensitive information outlined above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees like billing clerk or a customer service representative who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. Even they use password-protected screen-savers each time they leave their workstations. On return, they must re-enter their password to re-gain access to user information. Furthermore, ALL employees are kept abreast on our security and privacy practices. Every quarter and at any time new policies are added, our employees are notified and/or reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to make sure our customers’ information is protected. Lastly, the servers that we store personally identifiable information on are kept in a highly secure environment.
In order for this Web site to properly accomplish its obligation to our customers, it is necessary for us to supplement the information we receive with information from Third party sources.
- Special Offers – We send all new members a welcoming e-mail to verify password and logon name. Older members will occasionally receive information on products, services, special deals, and newsletters.
- Correction/Updating Personal Information -If User’s personally identifiable information changes (such as user zip code), or if User no longer desire the Service, we will Endeavour to provide a way to correct, update or remove User personal data provided to us. This can be done at the Profile page.